Monday, May 20, 2013

Off Top Blogs



TM



Off Top Records


 

  Nashville is known the world over as ‘Music City’ and boasts a rich and diverse assortment of genres and developing scenes according to multiple major publications. All that is needed for diehard music fans to do is cruise the sidewalk and find a local newspaper that will offer show after show of local and mainstream artists peddling their brand across the city at one of a hundred different venues. One of those artists joined our team back in November of 2011 and has gone on the offensive, growing the label and aggressively developing his product. We caught up with Nashville emcee, Sychosis, to discuss what’s new in his world.

OT: You’ve been ridiculously busy the last few months. Give us a quick rundown of what your plate looks like.
S: Man, I’ve found more opportunities to do music and music business the last six months than all the other years I’ve worked combined! Shit’s been crazy. I’ve been dealing with populating our roster at Off Top Records, developing new artists, brokering deals, managing myself and three or four others, working on five upcoming solo projects, a group project, some experimental tracks, writing a book, lining up the details for a new era of the Sychosis brand, and working a day job.

 

OT: With all that, do you feel stressed out or too busy to really dedicate yourself properly?
S: Absolutely. You don’t take the world on your shoulders without feeling the pressure. Luckily, I have a decent amount of patience. I just keep walking the path until I need to change direction.

 

OT: Tell us about the new projects you have in the works.
S: Well, they’re all pretty draining. I’m trying to do some innovative stuff for me. I feel like every artist believes they are going to change the world with their new material, but I’m realistic about my limitations. I have three mixtapes in the clip as well as two new EPs. Plus, there is the brand extension coming that I’ve hinted at, but I’ve been fairly quiet about it.

 

OT: Care to give us the scoop?
S: I  can tell you that the development is a long time coming, and it will usher in a new era for my music and open doors for me as an artist that have been shut for a very long time. That’s about all I can say, currently.

 

OT: Fair enough. I don’t know about the readers, but I’ll be anxiously waiting for the official word.
S: I hope it will be understood by the fans and listeners. It’s definitely for the better. There is always a risk of losing what you’ve worked to build, but I believe that people will understand my reasoning and support it.

 

OT: Do you have any other info about the new projects that you can share?
S: Absolutely. I plan on releasing two mixtapes on DatPiff.com and then following those up with back to back interconnected EPs on iTunes, finishing strong with a final mixtape for the year. There should be a few videos dropping between those, so there’s a good amount of material to be grabbed. It’s really exciting for me to be in this place again.

 

OT: Any parting words for the readers?
S: Indeed. I want to thank the folks who support me in my dreams, and I want them to know I really appreciate them sharing time out of their lives to listen to my tracks and send me feedback to help me continuously build myself into a better artist.



            I left the smoky studio where I met up with Sychosis, listening to his newest tracks which he offered as a thank-you gift for spending some time with him. I can’t wait to hear the finished product.

You can find him at
www.facebook.com/sychosisnashville
www.twitter.com/sisson
www.soundcloud.com/therealsychosis
www.youtube.com/therealsychosis 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment